Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Beef or Pork

     Never was I so excited than was to get out of my coop and grocery had been one of the ticket that I may be able to escape oppression from a tyrannic leader at home. How nice was the rumbling of the jeepney as it literally trashes on the road on my way to the grocery.  Drivers are loony in my country but they bring with them the gushing air of freedom that I overlook their reckless behavior, provided I cross my fingers that I shall reach my destination in one piece; so no complain there  unless I loose a body part which is another story.
     Shopping for the vegetables provokes no disaster.  I lounge in that area smelling this and touching that and savoring the delicious textures it gave my hand.  There's just so much thing going on there.  You remember the farmers carefully tending them until such time  they are ready to be displayed in all their pretty colors and lovely smells in the market.  Vegetables are really interesting.
     The time for the poultry  came and still no catastrophe happened.  I just follow my stingy instinct and chickens are no match for me.  I am thinking about fried (again) if ever they would want me to cook meat for them.  Maybe a Pochero would do this lunch then I wonder when will I be able to cook a decent Adobo where it's not either salty or sour.  Maybe my brother will cook Adobo tonight (which he did!) then I'll have a really hearty dinner.
     Then I came by the meat section. I have to buy ground pork or maybe a few strips of pork belly until the beef caught my eye.  I am pretty curious of it for we rarely cook beef at home.  Pops doesn't like beef and what Pops want,  Pops get.  But the beef was simply red and chunky and looked invitingly harmless enough.  The only time I ate beef was when I am in someone's else's house... or maybe buying it in a nearby carinderia.  I really wanted to try one of those roasted beef on TLC channel (there goes my drool) and I am really in a tight decision then.  What I did was to move around for a while;  find the other stuff on my grocers list; check out new products; read those I am interested about and hope that someday I will have enough cash to try it.  Then I returned to the meat section again.  This time I was brave (or silly) enough to prod the beef, and then I sighed.  Sure enough I want it so bad but my pocket tells me I don't have enough dough to make a wrap of it.
     There I left with a heavy heart (and an upset stomach) and a decision that the beef was too expensive for me to give it an excuse to stay side by side with my pork belly.
     Thank God it's not raining outside!




I wanted to be a vegetarian but sometimes meats are a temptation!
   




No comments:

Post a Comment